Purpose of the job:
Responsible for supervising and providing repair implementation, equipment, and tooling for all composite and paint maintenance, repair and overhaul activity requirements, and process documentation.
The key responsibilities of this position are as outlined below but not limited to:
- Support Department Head on reaching company strategic target
- Update Department Head on activities and achievement.
Composites and Paint Repair
Composite and Paint Supervisor reports to Operation Manager. He/She is responsible for supervising technicians on component maintenance to ensure that Authority and company requirements are met.
The Composite and Paint Supervisor is responsible for ensuring that the organization has:
Facilities appropriate to the planned work.
- Office accommodation appropriate to the management of the planned work.
- Ensure the working environment is appropriate to the task being undertaken.
- Storage facilities for Parts, Tools, Equipment, and Materials.
- Sufficient competent personnel to plan, perform, inspect, and certify the work being performed.
- Composite and Paint Supervisor shall carry out any other tasks as directed by the Operation Manager.
- Perform repair as per customers request in accordance with OEM maintenance and approved data such as but not limited to CMM, SRM, AMM, SRI, SB.
- Perform wet lay-up repairs, pre-impregnated repairs, and honeycomb structure repairs without supervision.
- Perform composites repair including boots replacement on aircraft structures such as leading edges, air intakes fairings, flight controls, and radomes.
- Incorporate customer requirements based on Purchase Orders (PO), and drawings onto product repair documentations. Maintaining of the product repair documentations’ integrity according to customers change requirements.
- To classify types of defects that exist on the structure and to determine types of repairs to be carried out.
- Carry out NDT inspection on composites structures using tap testing and support NDT contractor to perform ultrasonic inspection, eddy current inspection, magnetic particles inspection and fluorescent penetrant inspection.
- Perform all necessary visual inspection, moisture test inspection and develop preliminary inspection report which includes list of material, required tools, discrepancies, defects, orientation and photos.
- Perform works which includes certification according to Skyways Technics Work Order and Work Travelers process and conform with EASA Part 145, CAAM part 145, DGCA Part 145 and other regulation requirement.
- After being assess and accepted, participate all works as a Certifying Staff for C18 / C20 / C4 / C8 and other rated components where applicable.
- Perform components painting which includes, stripping, scuffing, seam sealing, sanding, finishing as per Maintenance Data.
- Responsible for issuing Authorised Release Certificates (ARC) following maintenance of a component.
Qualification and experience:
Minimum 7 years of hands-on working experience of related working experience in any of the following environments: aircraft maintenance, composite repair work, components sub-assembly works, metallic & composites materials, process engineering and components manufacturing technology, or a Bachelor Degree in Engineering or Science or related aerospace/aeronautical related field.
Competencies (Technical/personal attributes):
Good oral and written communication skills in English.
Apply hands-on experience with component sub-assembly works, composite lay-up (hand and/or automated methods), tooling methods, production procedures, composite material types/forms, and engineering requirements to evaluate and enhance processes, products, and materials.
Personal skills, leadership, teaming skills and good interpersonal social skills, strong ethics, and good work habits.
Ability to provide growth direction in personnel, technical, and goal to a team.
Personal Attributes: independent, proactive, resourceful.
Computer literate, experience with Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel).
- Know-how in shop / production organization and in efficiency and quality improvement
- Good knowledge of part 145 regulations
- Strong IT systems skills (production/repair activities)
- Quality, performance and problem solving oriented
- Positive attitude and willingness to quickly become a key element of our part 145 activities in Asia for long term development
Other features of job (shift work, frequent traveling, cold environment, etc.):
Traveling may be required based on the job requirements.
High level of teamwork, maintaining competitive and productive and respectful work culture.
Amaury Parent, Business Development Manager - firstname.lastname@example.org